LIcencia Creative Commons

Thursday, June 29, 2023

CAN POWELL HOLD ON? (TOM LUONGO; "PEOPLE ARE THE SONG")

 

Earlier in the week ECB President Christine Lagarde dropped all of our IQs by a few points by stating in public no less that Climate Change was the primary cause of inflation in the world. There are very few things I’ve heard in my life this unutterably moronic and this is one of them.

The is George Lucas level dialogue here folks.

Because of this and the existential threat to Davos’ power of Climate Change we have to move quickly to provide infinite liquidity through a digital Euro which is now on Lagarde’s To-Do List by October.

She said this complete with the “Believe me” look that she wouldn’t use this digital euro to control all aspects of your spending, further building the infrastructure for a digital identity. Oh, only on this point does she disagree, apparently, with her boss Klaus “You Vil Eet Ze Bugz!” Schwab.

I discussed some of this and FOMC Chair Jerome Powell’s crusade to disempower people like Chrissy with Michelle Makori at Kitco News the other day. I promise I was on my best behavior.

 

 

 

I also spoke with my friend Mel K at the Mel K Show about the fundamental differences between what chrissy is proposing (a retail digital euro deposited directly into your account with the ECB) and FedNow, a back-end interbank payment layer developed by the Fed to modernize the US banking system to support the changes occurring in the US debt markets… among other things.

Lastly, as a follow up to my article on Prigozhin’s Rebellion, I note that NATO Chief Jens Stoltenberg reiterated the requirements for Ukraine’s admission into NATO which preclude that happening anytime soon. The UK, through Defense Secretary Ben Wallace, has been lobbying hard to lower that standard to allow Ukraine in. The goal would be to change the requirements which would immediately trigger an Article 5 intervention based on Ukraine being a member of NATO. Too many people balked at this. And it has been the Biden Administration which ultimately put the kibosh on Wallace’s candidacy to replace Stoltenberg as NATO General Secretary and change these rules. This is as big a tell as you can get in today’s political landscape that the US military has told Biden that they will categorically NOT get officially involved in Ukraine at this moment in time. That may change by the end of the year. But for right now, this is not happening, despite the intense pressure the UK put on NATO members to slip this through. For once, the British attempts to force the US to fight their wars for them has failed completely. But, honestly, it’s been touch and go for a while now. Wallace replacing Stoltenberg would have been the worst possible outcome. While Biden personally needs Ukraine to stay hot for as long as possible to try and protect his own hide, it clearly isn’t enough to get the Pentagon to go along with committing ritualistic suicide for him and the grand dreams of Victoria Nuland and the rest of the Ukrainian diaspora that infect the State Department — Fiona Hill, Alex Vindman, etc.
Media Roundup: Week of 6/25/2023: Can Powell Hold On? Date: June 29, 2023Author: Tom Luongo 0 Comments
I'm out here, thousand miles from my home Walkin' a road other men have gone down I'm seein' your world of people and things Your paupers and peasants and princes and kings Hey, hey Woody Guthrie, I wrote you a song Bout a funny ol' world that's a-comin' along Seems sick an' it's hungry, it's tired an' it's torn It looks like it's a-dyin' an' it's hardly been born Hey, Woody Guthrie, but I know that you know All the things that I'm a-sayin' an' a-many times more I'm a-singin' you this song, but I can't sing enough 'Cause there's not many men that done the things that you've done Here's to Cisco and Sonny and Leadbelly too An' to all the good people that traveled with you Here's to the hearts and the hands of the men That come with the dust and are gone with the wind I'm a-leavin' tomorrow, but I could leave today Somewhere down the road someday The very last thing that I'd want to do Is to say I've been hittin' some hard travelin' too

No comments: