LIcencia Creative Commons

Sunday, September 09, 2012

LEGADO DE THOREAU


¿APOTEOSIS O SENCILLEZ?


Apotheosis

There are days when I am envious of my hens:
when I hunger for a purpose as perfect and sure
as a single daily egg.

If I could only stand in the sun,
scratch the gravel and blink and wait
for the elements within me to assemble,
asking only grain I would
surrender myself to the miracle
of everyday incarnation: a day of my soul
captured in yolk and shell.

And I would have no need
for the visions that come to others
on bat’s wings, to carry them
face to face with nothingness.
The howl of the coyote in the night
would not raise my feathers, for I,
drowsy on my roost, would dream
of the replicated fruits of my life
nested safe in cartons.

And yet I am never seduced,
for I have seen what a hen knows of omnipotence:
nothing of the miracles in twelves,
only of the hand that feeds
and, daily, robs the nest. 



Barbara Kingsolver (Another America) 

Y aún así nunca he sido seducido,
porque he visto lo que una gallina sabe sobre la omnipotencia:
nada de milagroso en las docenas,
solo la mano que alimenta
y, diariamente, roba el nido

EL LEGADO DE THOREAU

No comments: