LIcencia Creative Commons

Saturday, June 26, 2021

SAN PATRICIO -Y DAVID HOCKNEY- EN NORMANDÍA -Y AQUÍ- (I)


 

I bind to myself to-day,

The power of Heaven,

The light of the Sun,
(The whiteness of Snow,)

The force of Fire,
The flashing of lightning,
The velocity of Wind,
The depth of the Sea,
The stability of the Earth,
The hardness of Rocks.

(...)

 

Against every man who meditates injury to me,
Whether far or near,
With few or with many.


(...)

 

I have set around me all these powers,

Against every hostile savage power
Directed against my body and my soul,
Against the incantations of false prophets,
Against the black laws of heathenism,
Against the false laws of heresy,
Against the deceits of idolatry,
Against the spells of women, and smiths and druids,
Against all knowledge that binds the soul of man.

 

Atomruig indíu

I bind to myself to-day,

 

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness

(EPHESIANS 6:14, KJV)

No tengas en cuenta tus fracasos pasados ni tus éxitos.Todo el pasado es igualmente un fracaso y un éxito.Es un éxito en la medida que te ofrece a ti la oportunidad presente.

 HDT 

(escrito en el Diario después del 29 de Julio de 1850) 

(Primera vez aquí, 7 de julio de 2012)

Cualquier cosa que no ha caído bajo la regla del hombre es salvaje.En este sentido los hombres originales e independientes son salvajes- no domesticados ni rotos por la sociedad.

HDT

Diario 3 de septiembre de 1851


Saint Denis decapitado

(...)

Decapitado por un centurión romano que acudió a detenerlo en la época de las persecuciones sufridas por los primeros cristianos, el obispo de Lutecia permaneció de pie, se inclinó hasta el suelo, tomó su cabeza entre las manos y la transportó hasta la cima de Montmartre.

(Michel Serres, Figuras del pensamiento, traducción de Alfonso Diez)

(Primera vez aquí, 14 de noviembre de 2015)

 


No comments: